Friday, March 20, 2009

Out West














Hey Everyone! That's right. I'm back on the West Coast. Yosemite to be slightly more exact. The drive across the country was, well, somewhat rushed but that's how I roll I guess. Can't say I remember much about the eastern third of the drive, except that traffic in Atlanta is no fun particularly if you hit it at rush hour. Unless of course you enjoy sitting on the highway and not moving for extended periods of time. Me...not so much.

Made a couple pit stops in Texas and saw more dead skunks than I really care to talk about. I'm not entirely sure there are any left living. Pretty sure they have all been run over by now.













White Sands National Monument, now there's a crazy place. Fairly surreal and very white. It also has the added bonus of being a missile test site. But really.












































Northern Arizona...a little snow action. Too bad I can't ski to save my life because I could have taken advantage of driving by all that. Of course that would require actually stopping the car for more than 32 seconds. Lovely to drive through though.






















Did a drive by or drive through, if you will, of the Mojave. Kind of feel like I am a month or two too early since everything is still brown and dead. Didn't look quite as nice as the postcards all covered in wildflowers and what not. Started to hike up some gigantor sand dunes but being on a time crunch I had to bail on making it to the top. What can you do?






























So, yeah. Made it to Groveland on March 1st which, if you do the math, means I've been out here for a whole two weeks. Let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment