Monday, March 23, 2009

Butterflies and Wildflowers

So, Saturday I went on a little hike down Lumsden road. Alright, I drove down the road and then went on a hike if you want to get technical. It is somewhat amazing my car made it down and back again. Anyway, the wildflowers are starting to make an appearance so the hillsides are beginning to change colors.




I have yet to identify most of the flowers I've seen but I can tell you this guy is a Shooting Star. Nice!

Whenever the sun came out the butterflies started going crazy. Painted Ladies are everywhere right now. There were a few other fun ones that I managed to stalk down... Sara Orangetip and a Bramble Green Hairstreak. I saw some others but they evaded the camera. Sneaky little buggers.
He kind of blends in...Can you see him? Geez, I totally need to invest in a better zoom.

Get this. The next day (that would be Sunday) I woke up to everything being covered in snow! One day I'm looking at wildflowers and stalking butterflies and the next day there is snow and rain and hail. Not a ton, and it melted by the end of the day but still kind of nutty.

No comments:

Post a Comment