Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Into the Valley

I managed to escape the confines of the house this weekend and played the tourist card in Yosemite Valley for a day. Kind of fun to do that every once in a while. Teresa, Ryan and I wandered around, although I have to admit we didn't make it too far. The whole walking thing is still a bit of a hassle. We hit up Degnan's for lunch (because that's what tourists do and we were hungry) and then hiked up to Yosemite Falls. Ok so it's not so much of a hike as a stroll but give me a break. It may as well have been a mosh pit with the hordes of people that were constantly threatening to knock us off the path or run us over. Pretty fantastic. I think everyone AND their grandmother passed me. Anyway, we really only made it to Yosemite Falls and parts nearby before it started to get darkish. We had big plans to take the shuttle bus around but the bus we wanted only runs in the summer and apparently it isn't summer yet. Coulda fooled me!
So basically what we have here is a bunch of pictures of the falls from varying locations and the occasional dogwood. The dogwoods are blooming like mad but I am kind of a slacker and didn't take very many pictures. I guess I wasn't expecting it to take so long to get everywhere so by the time we got back around to the dogwoods it was too dark. Oh well.

The spray coming off of the fall was similar to a gale force wind and cold at that.

Ha! Gotcha! Not Yosemite Falls. Sentinel Falls instead, but don't get used to it. It's all Yosemite from here on out (and prior to this as well).

Oh, what's that? Yosemite Falls again?


The token dogwood.
Half Dome and the Merced River...awwww....pretty


No comments:

Post a Comment