Thursday, May 7, 2009

Alien Invasion

Alright...I apologize for the lengthy delay in posting new pictures and such but there is a fairly viable explanation. At first I was just being a slacker and then it turns out I was invaded by aliens. No, really. The past two weeks have been slightly insane...

Two weekends ago I woke up feeling normal but shortly there after began to feel progressively worse as the morning wore on. I kind of joked that I had appendicitis for a little while...ha, not quite! Eventually, it seemed a trip to the emergency room was in order... I would suggest NEVER going to the hospital in Sonora unless you are crazy desperate. I mean I did at least get a few hours of IV pain killers but that's about it. One of the nurses (naturally the one I got stuck with) is quite possibly the meanest person I have ever met and could use some serious instruction on her bedside manner. She's working in the ER for crying out loud...a little sympathy might be nice. Just a smidge. But instead after finally getting around to doing a CT Scan she sent me home telling me I had an ovarian cyst and should eat more leafy vegetables. A cyst the size of a grapefruit or a softball, or something not small might I add...but go on home, it's not life threatening or anything. Good luck with the pain! Wow!
To make things even better the doctor they told me to follow up with was booked for at least a week and was soooo not helpful! Instead I headed down to Merced (a slightly larger town) to see a different doctor. After more complications concerning (this whole ordeal has been a royal cluster*%@$) my actual appointment I finally saw a doctor. He checked things out and told me I needed surgery sooner rather than later...like, oh, that day. In fact I should probably just walk across the street and go ahead and get admitted. So, that's kind of how it went. A little anethesia (ok, a lot) and 15 staples later I was alien free (and feeling very much like Frankenstein). Teratomas (or dermoid cysts) might as well be aliens as far as I'm concerned. Seriously, do a google image search and let me know what you think. Oh, wait, I'll do it for you...


http://media.weirduniverse.net/teratoma.jpg


http://pathology.osu.edu/paxit/deptbase/Paxit/Images/10532/PAXIT010.JPG

They have hair and teeth. What is that about?! Hope you weren't eating when you looked at this! That will certainly make you lose any appetite you may have had for a while.

Anyway, I spent a couple days in the hospital popping Vicodin, sleeping and taking snail walks down the hallway. Good times!

Now that I'm back in Groveland I should have plenty of time to update this silly blog since I can't actually work. Nothing like getting a job that is all about hiking to crazy cool places and then becoming an invalid! No driving for two weeks, or picking up anything remotely heavy and walking about as fast as a turtle. Sneezing, coughing and laughing are also totally of limits for a while since they tend to make me feel like I am splitting open.
Alright, enough of the fun stuff...more pictures of less disturbing subject matter to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment