Thursday, February 13, 2014

What-had-happened-wus...I forgot to post a lot

So apparently there are quite a few pictures that I failed to post last year while I was in Nicaragua. This here is a remix of sorts. A smattering that needs to happen before posting anything newer. I think I was too busy watching Dexter on Netflix. Or too busy traveling around? Yeah, that must be it. 

Don't worry, they're new to YOU! 
And then I'll move on to 2014...


What's that? Chicken with a toupee? Sho-nuff. And fluffy legs to boot! Almost too much for me. Needless to say, I took an absurd number of pictures of this guy. It's hard to fully capture the toupee effect.  


Oh hey, and then there's this guy, aka Kobe Bryant, because of his stylin purple and yellow color bands (and because he had a 'tude). His face is kind cute though...dang it.


Prehensile tailed porcupine? Don't mind if I do. 


Other wildlife...
some utilizing their camouflage, but this guy prefers to soak up the rays.


yeah, there's a bug there...can you find it? 

and a leezard

 Green beans sprouting away, on their way to my cup. 





Nick investigating a wasp nest ball

and then demonstrating how to get down the hill...or how his dad got down the hill. I don't remember the details. 



Evidence of work! After a veg point was completed we took the flagging down, yay (or I just put a bunch of maps and flagging on the wall)!

 Volcano. Boom.

 Las Penitas with watermelon. 

Some douche-bag getting stuck in the sand. Unfortunately, he managed to get out. 

Central Park in Boaco

More "wild" life...



Visiting another lodge, which involved getting lost for hours and then a couple sketchy stream crossings.  Nothing a toyota corolla couldn't handle...luckily.






Gah, Wilbur, so cute!



Cow crossing!





Near the end we took a little vay-cay and escaped the woods for a few days Little Corn Island. A little salt water to heal the ten million chigger bites we had acquired.

 Free rum and coke on the plane, nuf said...


The pictures pretty well explain it. It's tiny, walkable aroundable (yes, that word just happened) in a day and NO cars. Just a couple sidewalks and dirt trails through the middle.

And WATERMELON juice. Only the best thing EVER!

Parking is super convenient...




Half the island, as seen from the "light house". 


Smoothie stand in Masaya = all around awesomeness


Last but not least, this guy...
who(m?) I found on my bag as I was dragging it out and zipping it up to head home. 
Nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment