Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Green Creek

Another trip to the East Side. More specifically to Green Creek, north of Lee Vining, home of "high intensity, scenic drama" according to some books.


We camped in a sweet little spot along the creek. When sunrise rolled around I woke up to a loud slapping noise. In my delirium I thought it was either a really big fish jumping out of the water OR a bear trying to cross the river. Of course it was neither of these but when I opened my tent to investigate there was a beaver! In the river or course, swimming around and slapping his tail.




A hike up the canyon yielded the scenic drama. We had intended to make it to the Green Lake but ended up sleeping in a little too much and then needed to get back to Groveland for a concert at the Mountain Sage. The hike was cut short, just shy of the lake, but it was beautiful all the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment